TPC Converting has over 55 years of experience meeting the needs of the automotive industry, including OEM clients. We specialize in precision die cutting, sheeting and stacking, laminating, slitting, and prototype development. Our product offerings for automotive applications include:
- Automotive foam gasket material
- Automotive adhesive tape and bonding tape
- Automotive masking tapes
- Automotive protective film
- Mounting tapes
As an ISO 9001 and IATF-certified company, you can be certain that all of our products and services adhere to the most rigorous quality standards.
Applications of Our Automotive Converting Materials
Customized converted tapes and protective materials enhance the appearance and performance of automotive components. Converting materials from TPC are used throughout the inside and outside of vehicles to secure parts, assist with painting, and bring personalization options to vehicles. The most common automotive applications of our converting materials include:
- Protective film
- Mounting tape
- Masking applications
- VHB (Very High Bonding tape)
How Is TPC Converting Different From Other Competitors in the Automotive Industry?
At TPC Converting, we offer decades of experience and specialized expertise in the automotive industry. Our extensive capabilities and cutting-edge equipment allow us to deliver reliable, cost-effective solutions. We can help you develop a prototype, streamline your industrial processes, and obtain high-quality products that meet all your specifications.
Our rapid prototyping services streamline the product development process. Using a variety of fabrication techniques, we quickly transform CAD design data into a scale model of the part or assembly.
We streamline industrial processes, enhancing your manufacturing capabilities. We create partial and fully automated solutions that are tailored to your exact needs.
Our laser-cutting capabilities allow us to cut through even the most fragile and brittle materials without placing any residual stress on the component. This subtractive manufacturing process uses a computer numerical control (CNC) laser to cut through materials with a high degree of precision and accuracy. Laser cutting can drill holes as small as 5 microns (µ), creating finished products that adhere to even the most precise specifications.
Our toolless production capabilities include CNC machining and laser cutting.
TPC Converting offers highly customizable printed products with short lead times, proofing, and design services. In addition to PMS color matching, we also offer invisible ink and create printed products that feature one to three colors. Our printing services are commonly used in applications such as:
- Product identification
- Customer loyalty
While numerous types of adhesive materials are used by the automotive industry, synthetic resins developed to reliably bond with metal are particularly useful. These high-strength adhesives are known as engineering adhesives. They are fluid when the joint is made, to easily flow and coat each faying surface.
Automotive Converting Materials Features
Converting materials in automotive applications deliver a number of versatile benefits:
- Harness wrap: We offer numerous material options for wire harnesses and cable wrapping, including both adhesive and non-adhesive backings.
- Protective masking: Our protective masking solutions provide temporary protection throughout production processes and transportation.
- Sound and vibration dampening: We offer a wide range of materials that mitigate sounds and vibrations. We can laminate and die-cut multiple material layers to your exact specifications.
- Squeaks and rattles: The high abrasion resistance and low coefficient of friction in our products eliminate many squeaking and rattling sounds.
- Thermal management: Our die-cut and fabricated heat shields isolate temperature-sensitive areas, such as fuel lines, floor boards, firewalls, and starters.
- Upholstery materials: Utilizing spray adhesive and heat seal technology, we offer numerous options for upholstery bonding applications.
Converting Material Solutions From TPC Converting
TPC Converting offers innovative and reliable automotive converting material solutions. Our top-of-the-line equipment allows us to deliver products that have multiple-layer construction and are available in numerous finishing options. We are IATF and ISO 9001-certified and committed to delivering superior components. To learn more about our design and production services, contact our team today.