Converting Materials Used in the Transportation Industry
Converting services turn flat, raw materials into customized sheets, rolls, shapes, and products to facilitate their use by other industries. We provide laminating services, die cutting, slitting, sheeting and stacking, printing, finishing processes, and other value-added services to fabricate components that precisely match your requirements. In the hands of our design and production teams, our well-equipped facility can fabricate such products as:
- Die-cut tapes and other products
- Engineered die-cut adhesives
- Gasket foam
- Lamination services
- Protective films and wraps
- Specialty tapes
At TPC Converting, we have over 55 years of experience creating converting solutions for many industries, including the transportation industry.
Applications of Our Transportation Converting Materials
Converting materials are designed to simplify fabrication, installation, and maintenance processes in all areas of vehicle manufacturing by providing ready-to-use products. They can also serve to improve the appearance and performance of vehicles and related components. Some frequent uses of our custom converting products include:
- Decals: Specialized decals for labeling, appearance, branding, and more are vital elements for many fleet, cargo, and other transportation applications.
- Gaskets: Custom, die-cut gaskets can be cut to tight tolerances to meet precise specifications for watertight, airtight seals suitable for interior and exterior applications
- Masking applications: For protection while painting or during other processes where precise coverage is needed.
- Mounting tapes: To attach trim, nameplates, graphics, and other components firmly and effectively, for temporary or permanent applications.
- Protective films: For protection during transport and under other conditions.
- Printed products: Our extensive printing capabilities offer solutions for branding, marketing, security, product identification, and countless other materials customized to your specifications.
- Shrink wrap: Durable, waterproof shrink wrap protects cargo, products, and more.
- High bond and acrylic foam bonding tapes: Very High Bond tapes have the strength and long-lasting adhesion to replace mechanical fasteners in many applications.
How TPC Outperforms Competitors with Solutions for the Transportation Industry?
Here at TPC Converting, our ISO 9001 certification and commitment to customer satisfaction paired with our extensive fabrication capabilities produce the consistent, superior quality you need at a competitive price. Whether you need a prototype, a small amount, or a full production run, we can supply what you need. We offer industry-leading capabilities for:
We can quickly turn your CAD design into a physical model for review and testing, so you can shorten your product development time and prevent costly adjustments during production.
Industrial processes such as die-cutting, stacking, adhesive dispensing, vision inspection, and many others can be streamlined with our customized automation solutions, designed to meet your project’s specific needs.
Computer-controlled (CNC) laser cutting and drilling enables us to cut with extreme precision and drill holes as small as 5 micrometers (5µ) without any pressure or stress to workpieces. Because the process is controlled digitally, we can assure top-quality, identical parts, time after time.
The robust capabilities of our CNC and laser cutting equipment mean we can jump directly from CAD designs to fabrication without the high costs of time and tooling.
We provide an array of printing services, including design and proofing. With short lead times, we offer Pantone Matching System (PMS) color matching, printing in up to three colors, and invisible ink capabilities.
We know that challenging environments and uses for the transportation industry can require specialty adhesives for reliable bonding to metal and other materials, so our capabilities include engineered adhesives.
Our printing services are also commonly used in the following applications:
- Product identification
- Customer loyalty
Converting Material Solutions from TPC Converting
At TPC Converting, our versatile, custom converting solutions can supply the specialized materials and components you need to streamline production and lower your costs. Our extensive experience, industry-leading equipment, and quality management certifications guarantee our excellence in results and customer satisfaction. Contact us today to learn more about how our custom converting services can simplify and improve your next project.